Yacon Syrup Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies
This is a delicious healthy gluten free cookie that is sweetened only with yacon syrup. Yacon syrup will not affect blood sugar levels or aggravate candida making it safe for diabetics and those on sugar restricted diets. It is also safe for those on gluten free diets. People with celiac disease should check their ingredients closely to make sure there is no added or hidden gluten products though.
- 1/2 cups blended cooked pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups almond meal or flour (made with no skins)
- 1/2 cup spectrum organic shortening or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp pure real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grey sea salt (or any healthy salt)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (4 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground ginger, 1 part allspice, 1 part nutmeg)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Precook fresh pumpkin by steaming or baking. You can also use canned pumpkin.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients including yacon syrup in one bowl. Mix.
- Use a blender to mix all ingredients together.
- Line a sheet with parchment paper and place large heaping tablespoons of batter on the paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool and serve.